20% OFF NEW Lemon Balm Hydrosol - Sale ends Sunday, 7/12!
Yup! We use all plant derived ingredients for our soaps, washes and body oils. We don't use tallow, lard, lanolin or any other animal products including milk or beeswax. All of our products are certified vegan by PETA and Vegan Action and cruelty-free certified by Leaping Bunny.
No. All of our products are palm-free. Palm oil production is responsible for the devastation of orangutan habitats and to this date attempts to certify sustainable production have fallen short.
No. Our master-formulated soap does not contain lye (sodium or potassium hydroxide). Although a necessary element used in our saponification process, once cured we are left with an alkali salt of fatty acid; true soap. Read our blog post about how we make soap!
Many commercially made soaps are not soap at all. Often they contain sodium laurel sulfate (detergent), fragrance and chemical additives that dry out the skin. Our soap retains its natural glycerin, which is a humectant that attracts moisture to the skin, it's made without detergents, parabens and dyes, so it's friendly to your skin and our environment.
We don't! All Mountain Girl Soap is formulated and made from scratch. Read more about our process.
Bar SoapMountain Girl Soap is handcrafted with premium plant oils and hand-picked botanicals, and scented with pure essential oils. Extend the life of your soap with these tips:
- Keep your soap bar dry between uses.
- We recommend draining excess water with a slotted soap dish.
- Handmade soap has no set shelf life, but like a fine wine or cheese, soap gets better with a little aging. Time mellows the bar and allows it to get harder, helping it to last longer in the shower. To ensure liveliness of aroma and enjoy its goodness at the peak of freshness use within one year from the time of opening.
Foaming Cleanser, Facial Serum, Toning Mist, Body Oil Our formulas are hand-blended and then poured into amber-colored bottles to protect the integrity of the precious oils.
- Extend the life of your products by storing in a cool dry location.
- Facial Serum and Body Oils are anhydrous and we suggest avoiding the introduction of water.
- Each micro-batch is created fresh in our studio and under ideal conditions, our products remain stable one year after opening, but as with perishable items we suggest using frequently once unsealed to enjoy their vitality and vibrancy.
Yes! True soap, as defined by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), not the FDA. However, based on the intended use of “cleansing, beautifying, promoting attractiveness, or altering the appearance (of the human body)” our soap is actually regulated as a cosmetic and falls under the requirements of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act) under the authority of the FDA. In addition, the labeling requirements for our products are governed by the Fair Packaging and Labeling Act (FPLA). The FPLA was passed by Congress in 1966 to protect consumers and gives authority to the FDA to regulate food, drug, and cosmetics. We also voluntarily comply with the FDA’s guidelines for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
Learn powerful and proven skincare strategies for healthy, vibrant skin. Get exclusive discounts and hear about new product launches.